London is definitely not short of places to wine and dine that special someone. Whatever the budget, there is an abundance of things to do that will impress your date. As we are nearing Valentines Day, the quest for that perfect experience is in more demand than ever. This list of 8 perfect date ideas is for anyone. Whether you’re planning a Tinder date, blind date or you’ve been married for ten years. You’ll definitely be thanking me after you’ve read this.
- The Penny Pinching Youthful Date. Meet on Regent Street and spend an hour or so walking around Hamley’s Toy Store. Get nostalgic at the toys you used to have and horrified at the cost of them now. Watch magic tricks and try out some of the creative things to do on the ground floor. To bring yourselves back to a more suitable age again, head to a Samuel Smith’s pub nearby where you can enjoy a cheaper than average pint of beer.
- The Canal Walking Tour Date. Did you know that you can easily walk from Little Venice to Camden via the beautiful canal? I’ve been doing this walk for over ten years and I’m so surprised how few people actually know about this. You start the walk by taking the towpath under Warwick Avenue bridge and literally end at the amazing Camden Lock. Once in Camden there are so many things to see. There are markets galore and enough places to eat that you won’t go home hungry. Perhaps get a tattoo, go to a gig or have a look around the famous Cyber Dog shop. There is really something for everyone in Camden.
- The East London Street Art Date. Head to Liverpool Street Station, go to Spitalfields Market for a bite to eat and then walk to Brick Lane via Fournier Street or Fashion Street to see some incredible street art. You just really need to keep walking around the area, there is so much to see and new pieces pop up out of nowhere. Why not finish the date with a round of crazy golf at JunkYard golf club? They have awesome cocktails and you can definitely have a laugh at the eccentric interior.
- The Touristy Date. There are so many places that you forget about when you’ve lived in London for a while. From The London Eye to Big Ben and The Tower of London. One of the best ways to see London is definitely from a boat. So grab your Oyster and hop onto a Thames Clipper to Greenwich. If you fancy something a bit more romantic, there are plenty of boat companies that offer lunch or afternoon tea for around £30 each.
- The Cultural Date. There are so many wonderful and free museums to go to in London. Why not head to South Kensington and pop to the V&A or perhaps the Natural History Museum? Or for those of you who are a bit more tech inclined The Science Museum is fun and interactive as well as educational. Then after why not head to the Insta famous Peggy Porschen cafe for a coffee and cake!
- The Picnic Date. Obviously weather permitting.. London has so many wonderful parks you can visit. Growing up in North West London, my favourite would have to be Hampstead Heath. You can feed the ducks and it has the beautiful Pergola garden which is absolutely stunning and oozes romance. Primrose Hill is also one of my favourites because of the pretty views of London.
- The Bourough Market Date. Being a real foodie, there’s nothing I love more than visiting a food market in London. Borough Market is definitely my favourite place to gorge on free samples. Whatever your favourite cuisine, you’ll find it here. I would definitely recommend getting a raclette from Kappacasein to share, it’s absolutely to die for! There are some really nice pubs by the market and in the winter the stalls serve delicious mulled wine or cider.
I really hope you’ve enjoyed reading The 7 Most Perfect Date Ideas in London. I hope to have a different selection in time for next Valentine’s Day!